Sweet and spicy chicken biscuits. Need I really say more?! I mean, when I’m trying to have a cheat meal, this is EXACTLY what I’m looking for!
The batter on the chicken alone is to die for. And topped with the honey cholula sauce?! This recipe is for real guys.
The other wonderful thing about this savory chicken biscuit, it’s crazy easy to make! Who doesn’t love that?!
- 1 CUP All-purpose flour
- 3/4 CUP Yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 CUP Buttermilk
- 4 Chicken cutlets
- 7 CUP Vegetable oil
- 1/4 CUP Cholula
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour buttermilk into a separate bowl.
- Working with one piece at a time, toss chicken in flour mixture, dip in buttermilk, then toss again in flour mixture. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches oil in a Dutch oven to 360°F. Fry chicken, in batches and turning occasionally, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk together hot sauce and honey in a bowl. Drizzle warm chicken with hot sauce mixture.
- Serve immediately.