Ever hosting brunch and want to have all of the recipes on deck to blow everyone’s minds?! This recipe is PERFECT for that.
I mean, this is something I would have never thought of! Once I saw it though…I knew I wanted to try it!
Seriously the most creative thing I’ve made in a while. And it turned out AMAZING!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 CUP Finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 4 CUP Thawed corn kernels
- 2/3 CUP Milk
- 2 CUP Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 CUP Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp Chopped fresh chives, optional
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray pan with non stick spray.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook about 4 minutes, until slightly browned at edges. Turn heat down to medium, add garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Combine onion/garlic mixture in a medium mixing bowl with corn, milk, 1½ cup cheese, ½ cup panko, salt and pepper, and chives. After stirring, add eggs and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Top with cheese, panko, green onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper and paprika.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving, topped with a dash of paprika and more chives, if desired.