Ready for the New Year? Well, having these buffet-style coconut shrimp at your New Year’s party or dinner is a sure way to get the evening started. It doesn’t get any better than this!
You get shrimp cooked in a creamy white coconut sauce that sets in a beautiful and very tasty glaze, while the lime aioli dipping sauce blend of mayo, garlic, lime rind and lime juice provide simple ingredients to enhance the flavor of your coconut shrimp. There’s nothing like it.
A special thanks to Yi at Yi Reservation who says he only shares “super delicious” recipes, and this is his favorite American Chinese dish. What a great way to start your New Year with Chinese buffet-style coconut shrimp for appetizers or as a main meal!
They’re seriously finger-licking delicious and easy to make!
Everyone won’t stop eating these.
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE BUFFET-STYLE COCONUT SHRIMP
- 1 lb medium shrimp (45-50 pcs)
- 1 small broccoli
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- Shredded coconut
- ½ Cup of bread crumb and 1 tbsp of corn starch, combined
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp cooking wine
- ½ Tbs ground pepper
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp. Mix with the marinade and set aside for at least 15 minutes. This can be done ahead of the time.
- Cut the broccoli into small chunks. Blanch in boiling water about 2 minutes until the color starts to shine.
- Slightly coat the shrimp with the bread crumb and corn starch mix. Fry over medium heat about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp turns golden outside. If you don’t want to waste a lot of oil, you can do fry in batches.
- Remove the excess oil on a paper towel.
- In a sauce pan, combine the coconut cream and sugar over medium heat. Mix until all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the mayo and fried shrimp. Mix until the shrimp is well glazed. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top and serve on cooked broccoli.
Want A Totally Different Shrimp Appetizer Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Cheesy Shrimp Crostini!
Inspired by YiReservation.com