This strawberry poke cake was the BOMB! The yellow cake mix combined with the sweet, creamy, strawberry filling is to die for!
Any poke cake always turns out amazing…all the flavors just setting into the cake mix…the anticipation that comes along with it is totally worth it!
Topped with the fluffy whip cream, crushed graham crackers, and fresh strawberries…man oh man. SO GOOD! And perfect for sunny weather!
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 lb Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 CUP Sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 CUP Milk
- 1/2 CUP Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Strawberries for topping.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake is golden and springs back when gently touched.
- Cool completely in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix sliced strawberries and sugar; mash with masher. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes or until berries have released their juices and sugar is dissolved.
- Add cream cheese to mashed strawberries; beat with whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Stir in milk.
- Poke holes in cooled cake with end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour strawberry mixture over cake, using spatula to encourage it down into holes in cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Top chilled cake whip cream and crushed graham crackers.
- Garish with strawberries.