I’m a huge fan of slow cooker recipes, but only the ones that are SIMPLE and delicious — none of that pre-searing and complicated steps in-between madness!
That’s why I was ECSTATIC to find this Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe. All you have to do is dump the ingredients, and let your slow cooker do the rest of the work.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup is guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. I have vivid memories of going back for seconds, then THIRDS of this delicious soup as a teenager — and I love it even more as an adult now!
When cold weather season begins, I genuinely look forward to more opportunities to keep myself warm and cozy with a bowl of this flavorful classic. Slow Cooker Taco Soup is not only an affordable, convenient way to create a hearty meal, but the leftovers also taste AMAZING for days and days — and home cooks everywhere can’t stop praising it.
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Taco Soup:
- 1 pound ground beef 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
- Serve with corn chips, shredded Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Looking for more easy ways to satisfy your taco cravings? Try our delicious Taco Pie:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!