If you love a delicious chicken tortilla soup that’s hassle-free to feed your family, then look no further. This hearty, no-fuss slow cooker recipe will not only satisfy everyone, but it’s a perfect remedy to warm your insides during the cold season!
It’s a delicious recipe that’s loaded with vibrant South of the Border flavors, and enough chicken and vegetables for a hearty meal that will leave you full, but not weighed down. The broth alone is very good, and you’ll notice that the lime juice is the real kicker that makes this recipe.
It’s a great way to lighten the holiday load. And the recipe is versatile, so it can be easily modified to your taste buds. You’ll be so at ease preparing this meal and dropping in the slow cooker for a delicious soup fiesta!
An incredibly hearty soup that will make you feel really good.
Vibrant South of the Border flavors..
Finish with your choice of toppings.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
- 2 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 Cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 Tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- Diced avocado, diced roma tomatoes, sour cream (optional)
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir.
- Allow to cook until heated through.
- Serve warm with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients.
Want Another Slow Cooker Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili!
Inspired by Cooking Classy