If anyone loves red velvet as much as I do, you will go crazy after these cookies!
They were so simple to make and came out the PERFECT texture!
From what I can see, the base of these crinkle cookies can work with any combination of flavors! So great to have in the books!
- 1/2 CUP Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 CUP Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 1/2 CUPS All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 CUP Confectioners sugar
- Red food coloring (about 10 drops)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer. Cream until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix until well combined. Add red food coloring and mix again.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Add to the mixer, mixing until just combined.
- Measure out 1 tablespoonful-sized portions and roll into balls.
- Shake the confectioners sugar in a bowl and roll the balls into it, coating evenly.
- Place onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.