These biscuits are the most amazing thing I’ve tried in a while. All of the spices with the cheesy goodness blends so well together.
This is definitely a recipe to be proud of once you see the look on you’re friend’s/family’s face’s after one bite of these delicious buns.
I am SO excited to have this recipe in the books! You should be too!
- 2 CUPS All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 CUP Buttermilk
- 1/2 CUP Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 CUPS Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
FOR THE TOPPING
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Gently fold in cheese.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Inspired by: Damn Delicious