Ever wish your favorite drink could last longer than a few sips? Well it can!
You heard me right. Some drinks can in fact be made into a dessert such as this one, which could last you for days depending on your level of self control.
No longer do you have to wait for a certain season of the year to be here to appropriately indulge in it’s best food items. If you want to feel like it’s summertime in the dead of winter then go for it.
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1/3 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 3 (20 oz) Cans Pineapple Chunks in Pineapple Juice, drained
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a 13×9 inch baking pan in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- When butter has melted, remove pan from the oven.
- Stir pineapple juice then pineapple chunks into the pan.
- Spoon cake mix over all pineapple chunks covering completely.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of cake mix until completely covered.
- Cut remaining stick of butter into small cubes and top over coconut.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes rotating cake 90° every 15 minutes for even browning of coconut.
- It’s ok to substitute frozen pineapple or fresh pineapple for the canned pineapple.
- It’s ok to substitute rum for the pineapple juice.
- If coconut starts to look too dark then cover with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- The dessert may look a little soft when removed from the oven but it will firm up as it cools.
Inspired by Snappy Gourmet