Need an excellent steak choice for that special dinner that’s stress-free and easy? Then go for a rib eye that never fails to guarantee a delicious, juicy steak. It’s the ultimate steak for so many reasons and featured in Food & Wine with a solid 5 Star rating from over 3,200 reviews. Impressive.
You get a juicy, tender inside and a crusted outside with gorgeous color after being basted with butter, thyme and garlic, as well as the marbled fat from the rib eye that produces its own natural juice. No need the au jus!
This simple recipe is derived from celebrated chef Alain Ducasse’s recipe, considered one of the world’s best chefs by many culinary experts. It’s a melt-in-your-mouth steak experience that pairs well with a bold Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy!
Incredible flavor and tenderness that melts in your mouth!
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT RIB EYE STEAK
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5-12 minutes
Inactive: 10 minutes
- Two 1 1/4-pound, bone-in rib eye steaks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Season the rib eye steaks all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary to the skillet.
- Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, garlic and herbs, until the steaks are medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steaks off the bone, then slice the meat across the grain and serve.
- If using a grill, follow the directions until the steaks are medium-rare.
Want A Delicious Recipe With Your Rib Eye Steak? Now Watch How To Make Bacon Scallops With Garlic Butter Sauce!
Inspired by Food & Wine