Orange chicken. The meal you go to every time you are struggling to order at a Chinese restaurant because it always turns out good!
Well with this recipe, you don’t have to go out and spend a ton of money!
These ingredients are very affordable, it makes a lot of food, and tastes just as good as any other place!
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 CUP Soy sauce
- 1/4 CUP Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3/4 CUP Fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Cut your chicken into cubes.
- Mix together soy sauce, cornstarch, and water. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow the chicken to marinate for 5 minutes.
- While it is marinating, prepare the orange sauce.
- Whisk together fresh squeezed orange juice, dark brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, orange zest, and optional sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and carefully add it to the skillet. Stir-fry the chicken, over medium-high heat, for 5-7 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add the orange sauce to the chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring often until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with sesame seeds.