Prepare to fall in love! This mouthwatering, tender chicken stuffed with the most delicious, flavorful mixture of cheese, garlic and spunky sun-dried tomatoes is TO DIE FOR. Especially when you smother it in the rich and creamy mushroom sauce!
Olive Garden’s Stuffed Chicken Marsala isn’t any ordinary Italian menu item, it’s the definition of extraordinary.
After years of searching for a way to recreate Olive Garden’s Stuffed Chicken Marsala at home, I finally found the OFFICIAL recipe. I couldn’t believe they have it on their website now! To my surprise, this recipe turned out even better than Olive Garden’s version.
If you’re looking for a meal with lots of “wow-factor,” Stuffed Chicken Marsala is the way to go. It’s a family-friendly, life-changing recipe. Even mushroom-haters and picky kids can’t resist this deliciousness — and that’s not even the best part.
You can serve Stuffed Chicken Marsala with garlic mashed potatoes just like Olive Garden does, or with whatever side dish your tastebuds desire. After taking your first bite, you’ll be impressed by your own self! This recipe is a real crowd-pleaser, and it’s easy to see why.
So what’s the BEST part about the official Stuffed Chicken Marsala recipe by Olive Garden? It’s surprisingly simple to make. Loved ones will enjoy this divine dish so much they’ll be asking you for the recipe. Don’t expect any leftovers — but if by some miracle that happens, just know they taste just as amazing for days and days.
Here’s how to make Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala:
Ingredients for cheese stuffing:
- 1⁄2 cup smoked provolone cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, flakes if in oil drain first
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
Ingredients for chicken:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cooking oil
- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 24 ounces marsala wine or 24 ounces beef broth
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stuffing: Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.
- Chicken: Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes.Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast.
- Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast. Preheat a large sauté pan on stove top. Add 4 oz. oil; heat oil until shimmering.
- Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in sauté pan with the preheated oil.
- Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from sauté pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165°.
- Sauce: Add the onions to the sauté pan. Stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms; sauté mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze sauté pan with the marsala wine (make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan). Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.
- Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with onions, mushrooms and sauce.
TIP: To thicken the sauce, mix 4 tablespoons of cooking Marsala wine into a heaping tablespoon of starch, cut the heat from the simmering sauce and allow to cool down about 1-2 minutes and add the starch mix to the sauce while stirring.
Recipe by Olive Garden.
Looking for another easy and delicious Italian recipe? Try our Parmesan Garlic Chicken:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!