Skillet meals are one of my favorite things to make. This one in specific was SUPER delicious!
All these wonderful flavors combined opened up a whole new world for my tastebuds! And the best part…you can do SO much with this recipe!
Make taco’s, make it a dip, put an egg on it..it’s endless! Bring your whole family over and show them your new skillet skills!
-1/2 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
-1 Small Sweet Potato, peeled then chopped
-1/4 Onion, chopped
-6oz Mexican Pork Chorizo
-1/2 CUP Black Beans
-1-3/4 CUPS Chicken Broth
-1/2 CUP Salsa Verde
-1/2 CUP Long Grain White Rice
1. Add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over heat that’s just a touch above medium.
2. Add sweet potatoes and onions then saute until potatoes are just starting to turn tender.
3. Add chorizo then turn the heat up slightly and saute until cooked through, breaking chorizo up as it cooks.
4. Add black beans, chicken broth, and salsa verde to the skillet then turn the heat up to bring to a boil.
5. Add rice then stir to combine turn heat down, and simmer until rice is tender–30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro then with tortilla chips or tortillas.
Inspired by iowagirleats.