Hamburger helper has got nothing on this meaty casserole dish! This seriously is some of the best flavors all combined in one!
When it comes down to it, the meat is where it’s at. That juicy, full of flavor, beef is hearty in the most wonderful ways…YUM.
Make sure you fill your family’s belly’s tonight with this satisfying dinner. They will even want seconds!
- 1/2 lb Box elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 CUPS Chopped green bell pepper
- 2 CUPS Chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped garlic
- 2 lbs Lean ground beef
- 3 CUPS Canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Each dried basil, ground cumin, and dried oregano
- 2 to 3 CUPS Grated Cheddar
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees°F.
2. Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute until soft.
4. Add the ground beef and saute until browned.
5. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, to taste, and the basil, cumin, and oregano.
6. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture.
7. Spread this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
8. Top with the cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly
Inspired by: Paula Deen