Let me tell you just how wonderful this tart was. EVERY bite was mouth watering and had everyone coming back for seconds.
Not to mention how fancy it looks…serve this at any party and feel like a million bucks!
It’s also SUPER easy to make! Trust me, this is def in the books now. Forever.
- 4 CUPS Mushrooms
- 1 CUP Shallots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Jalapeno, minced
- 1 1/2 CUP Manchego cheese shredded
- 1/2 CUP White wine
- 2 tsp. Fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 CUP All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Course black pepper
- Preheat oven 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place medium pan over medium heat, add butter and olive oil. When pan is hot and butter has melted add mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and jalapeno, salt & pepper and sauté for 3 minutes. Next add wine, thyme and stir, allow to cook about 3 more minutes, taste for salt and pepper, turn heat off and set aside.
- On floured work surface, roll out puff pastry into rectangle about 1/8” thick. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet and prick with a fork, about 9 pricks and fold edges of the dough about ¼” thick fold. Spread the shredded cheese evenly over surface, next the mushroom mixture evenly over top of cheese . Place in oven for about 15-17 minutes or until golden crust has formed then set aside to cool for about 4 minutes before slicing and serving
Inspired by: Martita Jara