Nachos loaded to the hilt with so much flavor and ready in 15 minutes? For a dish that’s synonymous with good food, drinks and fun, this is one nacho recipe you don’t want to miss out on!
Nachos has a long reputation for being one of the best snack foods around. Originally invented by chef Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya in 1943, literally south of the Texas border in Piedras Negras, Mexico, people’s obsession with cheese helped boost its popularity as a staple, even earning its own holiday.
Of course, these are not your traditional nachos of tortilla chips with cheese and jalapeños, but a DOUBLE-LAYERING of tortilla chips topped with barbecue chicken, tomatoes, onions, bacon, cheese, and more cheese, and then baked until it’s “Nacho Heaven”!
It’s everything you need. Perfect for any game or holiday party, or all by yourself.
Experience “Nacho Heaven”! You’ll be so glad that you did!
HOW TO MAKE LOADED BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, finely diced
- ½ Tbsp kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ¾ Cup barbecue sauce
- 1 13-ounce bag of tortilla chips
- 2 Cups shredded cheese blend
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 avocado diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder for two to three minutes. Add the barbecue sauce and cook until the sauce has reduced by about half, about five minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, spread out two large handfuls of tortilla chips. Layer with half of the barbecue chicken, followed by half of the cheese, onion, tomato, bacon, and parsley. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the sour cream and sprinkle the avocado (optional) on top. Serve!
- For BEST results, drain any excess liquid from your cooked barbecue chicken. Nobody likes soggy nachos.
- Also, fry your own corn tortilla chips. It tastes better.
- Lastly, shred from a block of cheese instead of buying the pre-packaged ones.
- Remember, these are options for BEST results, and not included in the 15-minute (cook time) recipe with store-bought pre-packaged items (i.e. packaged cheese and tortilla chips).
Now Watch How To Make Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos
Inspired by Buzzfeed