Looking for a rich, buttery dessert that’s full of lemon flavor? Here’s one spectacular dessert that will get you salivating and those taste buds fully satisfied! Thanks to AllRecipes, these Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect remedy for your dessert cravings with a delicious soft baked dough and creamy lemon filling. SO GOOD!
They’re very easy to make. Using crescent roll dough, simply ‘sandwich’ together your mixed ingredients before slathering the remaining zest and some sugar over the top before baking. It’s that easy.
They’re best eaten when chilled. It just is and you will see why, so the wait time is worth every minute and be sure to prepare in advance for the family and friends to enjoy! And own your recipe by adjusting how much lemon juice and zest you want – a little or a lot! Enjoy!
“Nothing brings a recipe to life like fresh lemons! For a change of pace from the standard Southern-style lemon bars, you need to look no further! This recipe is easy and the taste is DIVINE.” – P. LeBlanc
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CREAM CHEESE BARS
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cool & Chill time: 1 hr 20 min
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8oz) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury), divided
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 3 Tbs white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesF (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching to the edges.
- Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar into lemon zest mixture using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; spread over crescent roll dough layer.
- Unroll the second can of crescent roll dough and layer over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer. Mix remaining lemon zest and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl; sprinkle over butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Lift dessert from baking dish using foil; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares, leaving on foil. Return dessert to the baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- For a slightly crispier bottom and easier handling, bake the first layer of dough for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before spreading the filling over and topping with the second layer of dough and then bake for 30 minutes.
- You can also use phyllo dough with this recipe.
Want Another Great Dessert Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars!
Inspired by AllRecipes