Now that summer is right around the corner, its time to start rolling out those fruity, delicious recipes!
I mean, who doesn’t love a rich, gooey, delicious lemon cookie on a beautiful sunny day?!
It plays the part and taste amazing! Definitely adding these in the cookie routine!
- 1/2 CUP Butter, softened
- 1/4 CUP Cream cheese, softened
- 1 CUP Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 1/2 CUP All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbso Water
- 3/4 CUP Powdered sugar
For the Icing:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Add granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla extract and continue to beat on medium to high speed until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add half the flour, all the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and lemon zest.
- Add lemon juice and the remaining flour. Mix to combine until the dough starts to form like a ball.
- Add a little more flour until slight ball starts to form. Cover and refrigerate dough at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie dough.Roll in a ball and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- remove from oven and while still hot, slightly press down.
- Allow cookies to cool down completely before transferring.
- Combine powdered sugar and water together in a small bowl.
- Whisk fast until ingredients are combined with no lumps.
- Drizzle on top of cookies and allow to harden.
Inspired by: Swanky Recipes