This savory Lemon Butter Chicken is one of the best dinners I have made in a while. Every savory bite is over the top and full of flavor!
Pairing the tender, juicy chicken with the creamy, lemon-infused sauce mixed with fresh garlic and Parmesan cheese is absolute perfection.
This recipe is incredibly easy to throw together, and most of the ingredients are items you probably already have at home! You’re going to wish you made enough to have leftovers tomorrow!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut in half)
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Dash salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
- While the chicken is resting, return back to the same skillet and melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add in spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Continue cooking the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker.
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.