It’s TWO favorite Southern desserts, Louisiana Crunch Cake and Kentucky Butter Cake, made into ONE mouthwatering creation that’ll make your knees buckle! An intensely rich and moist buttermilk cake soaked in a sweet, buttery cream cheese glaze with an almond nutty crunch…and did we mention the toasted coconut? Oh my Lord!
Everything made from scratch. It’s a cake you can be proud of that actually tastes so much better the next day – a rich and crazy moist texture that’s off the charts in flavor. A magical experience in every single bite!
A perfect showstopper. If you’re looking for some serious cake time, this is it. Make for special occasions, holidays, impressing your in-laws or significant other, or the night before for a breakfast or brunch coffeecake. It’s very addicting!
Rich and moist infused with sweet, buttery cream cheese glaze and a coconut, almond nutty crunch. Outrageously delicious!
HOW TO MAKE KENTUCKY BUTTER CRUNCH CAKE
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60-65 minutes
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Crunch Topping:
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 Cups confectioners sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbs milk or cream to thin, use more if needed
- 2 Cups toasted coconut
- 2 Cups chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat about 30 seconds between each egg.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour in batches alternating with buttermilk, end with flour.
- Beat about 30 seconds on low between each addition.
- With a spoon mix mixture to incorporate any remaining flour.
- Pour mixture into bundt pan and bake 60-65 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool about 10 minutes and flip onto cake plate.
- Poke holes in cake using a skewer, pour the reserved 1 cup of glaze into cake (see below).
- Allow to cool 10 more minutes, and top with remaining glaze.
- Serve with extra glaze after cutting.
- To Prepare Glaze:
- Mix butter and cream cheese in a mixer until light and fluffy,
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Thin with milk or cream about 3 tablespoons or more if needed.
- Microwave glaze for about 15 seconds.
- Reserve 1 cup of glaze for first topping on cake.
- Fold in toasted coconut (see below) and almonds into remaining glaze as the final topper.
- To Toast Coconut:
- Place coconut into a dry skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes, once coconut starts to brown, remove from heat, continue stirring, remove from pan, place on a plate and allow to cool.
Want Another Delicious Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Creamy Coconut Dream!
Inspired by Creole Contessa