Vibrant and zesty, honey-lemon chicken pairs beautifully with butter leaf lettuce and a crisp slaw made of colored carrots. If desired, add a bit of sticky rice into the bottom of your lettuce cups for a satisfyingly light dinner or easy appetizer.
YIELD: 2 servings
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Chicken breasts, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Just and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp Nature Nate’s Raw and Unfiltered Honey
- 1/2 tsp Poppyseeds
- 6 Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 CUP Julienned carrots
- 1/4 CUP Microgreens or cilantro
- 1 1/2 CUPS cooked jasmine or sticky rice (optional)
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil.
2. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30-45 seconds.
3. Add diced chicken and soy sauce to the pan, saute just until chicken is barely pink.
4. Add lemon zest and honey, turn heat to medium and cook just until honey is caramelized.
5. Toss in poppyseeds.
6. Serve in lettuce leaves (with rice, if desired). Top with julienned carrots, a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and microgreens as garnish.
Inspired by: Nature Nate’s