I don’t know about you guys, but when I find a solid recipe for pork chops, I’m all over it!
Pork chops alone are amazing…but once you add those delicious flavors, it gets even better!
This recipe in particular is very unique! Serve with rice and enjoy the deliciousness!
- 4 Center loin pork chops, well trimmed
- 1 CUP Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1½ tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 – 4 Cloves minced garlic
- 1 CUP Honey
- ¼ CUP Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- Sift together the flour, salt, black pepper, ground ginger, nutmeg, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Make an egg wash by whisking together the eggs and water.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then dip the meat in the flour and spice mixture.
- Dip the chop into the eggwash and then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the mix into the meat to get good contact.
- Heat a skillet on the stove with about a half inch of canola oil covering the bottom. You will want to carefully regulate the temperature here so that the chops does not brown too quickly.
- Fry them gently for about 4 or 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping the cooked pork chops into the
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan add the 2 tbsp olive oil and minced garlic. Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown.
- Add the honey, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Take off heat and dip the eat in.
- This flour and spice dredge mix is sufficient for two batches of this pork chop recipe. You can store the leftover mix in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for the next time you make this recipe.
- Watch this very carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
Inspired by: Rock Recipes