There can NEVER be enough chicken recipes, and this Honey Garlic Chicken sits at the top of the list for amazing flavor that you will absolutely LOVE! Thanks to Michelle with Dishes and Dust Bunnies, this crowd-pleasing recipe is noted as a frequently requested dish guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. I’m ready to eat!
It’s easy to prepare using using a delicious combination of flavor-inducing ingredients such as garlic, onion, soy sauce, ketchup, honey and brown sugar for a moist, flavorful and juicy chicken meal.
You can also make it ahead the night before by marinating the chicken in the sauce for a more bolder, richer flavor. Basting your chicken several times while cooking is highly recommended to create that dark, thick sauce coating in the photo. And use the dripping for some extra delicious sauce!
A seriously moist, flavorful and juicy chicken recipe.
It will be a total hit!
HOW TO MAKE HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6 servings & 1 cup extra sauce
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (or personal preference)
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated or minced into fine pieces
- ¼ Cup soy sauce (reduced sodium used in recipe)
- ⅓ Cup ketchup
- ⅓ Cup + 1 Tbs honey
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1½ Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tsp cornstarch
- Drippings from the baking dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a glass 9″x10″ baking dish whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Combine well.
- Place the chicken into the dish and spoon some of the mixture over top of each piece. Optional: You can marinade the chicken in this mixture ahead of time if you like.
- Place the baking dish in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the baking dish and place on a serving plate.
- Serve with rice, veggies or anything else you might enjoy it with!
- Skim the fat off the top of the drippings as much as possible. If there’s a little fat left, that’s okay too. You can also remove most of the fat using a gravy separator if you have one.
- Combine about ¼ of the drippings and the cornstarch in a small dish and set aside. Mix it together using a whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the remaining drippings into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and lower the heat. Stir constantly using a whisk until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Remove from the heat and serve with the chicken.
- You can marinate the chicken overnight for a more bolder, richer flavor.
- Baste your chicken several times while baking in order to get that dark, thick sauce coating.
Want Another Great Chicken Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Asian Honey Chicken!
Inspired by dishesanddustbunnies.com