Hungry for an easy and delicious oven-baked pancake that’s more like a crepe with a crispy buttery top and puffy golden brown sides? This Americanized version of a German recipe called “Apfelpfannkuchen” takes only 5 minutes to prepare before popping in the oven for an AMAZING breakfast!
The recipe uses ingredients you may already have in your pantry and fridge. Once mixed and placed in the oven, your pancake should be ready after 30 minutes when the edges are puffy with a dark golden brown color.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice all over your pancake and dust with powdered sugar. You can also use apple slices sautéed in butter/sugar or cinnamon/sugar with toasted almonds. SO GOOD!
Deliciously light with a crispy buttery top and puffy golden brown sides.
Your family will LOVE it!
HOW TO MAKE GERMAN OVEN PANCAKES
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 Cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbs granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter (melt in pan per instructions; do not blend with other ingredients)
- 1-2 lemon and powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Place 1/2 cup butter in a 9×13 heavy glass baking dish.
- Set baking dish (with butter) in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- In a blender, combine milk, eggs, vanilla, flour, and granulated sugar.
- When the butter is completely melted (before it browns or burns!), pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Cook 20-30 minutes or until the pancake is set in the middle and the edges are very puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top and dust generously with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately!
Want Another Great Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Overnight French Toast Bake!
Inspired by thegirlinspired.com