If you love Chipotle’s cilantro lime rice, or simply want to take your plain white rice to the next level, then this recipe is for you! It’s a recipe acquired from across the border thanks to Patrick with Mexican Please, an expat who’s lived in Mexico, and had learned the time-honored techniques of Mexican cuisine from locals. Only the best!
It’s super-easy. Only 5 minutes to prepare before cooking your rice with chicken stock (here’s a homemade recipe) until it’s ready then mixed with cilantro, lime, garlic, and salt to taste. E-A-S-Y.
It’s perfect with anything, especially Mexican and Asian food, or with fish, skirt steak, or just black beans or pinto beans. The flavor alone of this rice is even worth eating it alone. You’ll love it so much it will be a favorite staple in your home. It’s a real winner!
Delicious rice infused with chicken stock, garlic, cilantro and lime! The aroma!
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME RICE
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 Cup white rice, (can also use Basmati)
- 2 Cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1/2 Cup cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- splash of water
- Heat up a dollop of oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat
- Saute 1 cup of rice in the saucepan until lightly browned
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock and 1/2 Tsp salt to the rice
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a light simmer
- Let it simmer until the liquid is absorbed
- Turn off the heat and cover, letting the rice sit in its own steam for a few minutes
- Rinse 1/2 bunch of cilantro and twist off the bottom stems, chopping roughly
- Add to a blender along with 2 Tbs lime juice and 1 garlic clove
- Add a couple tablespoons of water (or oil) and blend the ingredients together
- Add the lime cilantro mixture to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly
- Taste for salt
- Add additional cilantro, if desired
- You can also cook the rice in water, but using the chicken stock gives it a more noticeable taste. For a more authentic flavor, use a homemade chicken stock recipe.
Want Another Great Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Southwest Cilantro Lime Salad!
Inspired by mexicanplease.com