I’ve always thought that double chocolate chip cookies were somehow more complicated to make than other cookies…But they aren’t!
These delicious things just melt in your mouth as soon as you take a bite! The chocolatey goodness pared with a tall glass of milk…tastes like heaven!
Make these with your kids before Santa visits! They are totally worth it!
- 10 Tbsp Unsalted butter ,softened (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 CUP Packed brown sugar
- 1/4 CUP Sugar
- 1 Large egg ,room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 CUP All-purpose flour , spooned and leveled
- 2/3 CUP Cocoa-powdered
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 CUPS Chocolate chips – semi-sweet or dark
- In a large bowl using a stand or hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed for about 2 minutes until well creamed.Then add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until combined – about 30 seconds. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Then slowly add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt mixing on low speed until incorporated.
- Turn off the electric mixer and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 3 tablespoon balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- While cookies are chilling, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until the tops are just set.
- Let cool.