If you’re a potato salad fan, then you will absolutely LOVE this delicious recipe by Foodie Crush! The creamy tang and flavorful medley of textures is truly addictive — but it’s the secret ingredient that adds a little bit of magic in every single bite. There are all kinds of potato salad variations, but this one is hands-down the best!
It’s super easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already. You’ll be surprised that something so simple could be so delicious!
Potato salad is a timeless classic, so accepting the challenge of preparing it for special occasions is especially daunting. Trust me — you don’t want to be the one who messed up everyone’s favorite side dish.
When I made this potato salad for the first time ever, it was gone within minutes. Everyone couldn’t stop praising it, and they loved it so much they requested a pan of their own for future family gatherings. The satisfying flavors and textures hypnotize every single tastebud!
So what’s the secret ingredient that makes this recipe the champion of potato salads? Celery seeds! You can find it in the seasonings isle of your local grocery store. After taking your first bite, you’ll know why this potato salad is the BEST.
- 6 medium white potatoes or Yukon golds, about 2½ to 3 pounds, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1½ cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Bring potatoes to a boil in large pot of cold water that’s been liberally salted. Reduce the heat to medium-high or a lightly rolling boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife. Drain and let cool until just able to handle.
- Peel the skins from the potatoes and cut into large diced pieces. Transfer the warm potatoes to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the white vinegar and stir. Allow the potatoes to cool, about 15 minutes. Add the celery and green onions. Chop 4 of the hard-boiled eggs and add to the potato mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, yellow mustard, celery seed and salt and pepper. Mix well into the potato mixture and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Slice the last egg into thin slices and place the slices on top of the salad. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.
Recipe and photos by Foodie Crush.
Looking for another easy and delicious side dish recipe? Try our Sweet Corn Cheddar Pie:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!