These chocolate shortbread cookies will absolutely blow your mind once you realize how delicious and easy they are to make!
This recipe was seriously so quick and rewarding, you will never want to make basic cookies again!
The best thing is, you can easy sub-flavors with these and make them your own! How great is that?!
- 1 Stick Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 CUP Confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 CUP Dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 CUP All-purpose flour
- 1/2 CUP Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Cream the butter, cocoa powder and sugar together until completely combined and smooth. Add in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, and finish with a wooden spoon. Don’t over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and turn the dough out onto a board and form into an smooth 8″ log. The dough will be sticky.
- Wrap it in waxed or parchment paper and twist both ends to secure, shaping the log as you roll.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight. You can also freeze the dough for later use. Slice the log into 1/3″ slices with a sharp knife.
- Put on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. They will feel slightly soft, don’t over bake them.
- Cool completely and enjoy!