Want another delicious casserole for dinner? Try this Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake that’s a comforting and reliable classic everyone will rave about. Trust us, even your picky kids will love it!
It has everything that a comfort dish has: pasta, cheese, butter, corn, peas, cream and tuna. Even people who don’t like tuna alone, the mixture of ingredients in this recipe will make them fall in love with it! So expect no leftovers on this one.
It’s the creaminess of the dish and all that cheese on top with the bits of crunch that does it for me. Anything with pasta is always so good. It really is a soul-warming, down home comfort food you will keep on your dinner menu again. It’s delicious!
A comforting and reliable classic everyone will rave about.
Try it. Your kids will thank you for it.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY TUNA PASTA BAKE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 14oz rigatoni pasta
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbs plain flour
- 2½ Cups milk
- 2¼ Cups strong cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 5.5oz cans tuna (albacore tuna if possible), drained and flaked
- 15oz can sweet corn drained
- 1 Cup frozen petit pois (small green peas)
- large handful chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Boil a large pan of water, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan, add in the onion and cook on low for 6-8 minutes until the onions are very soft.
- Turn up the heat to medium and stir in the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, using a whisk to stir (just stir, don’t whisk) it in. Once all the milk is incorporated, continue to heat while stirring until the sauce thickens. Then stir in ⅔ of the cheese until melted. Season with black pepper and a little salt if required (the cheese is quite salty though).
- Drain the pasta and pour into a 12×8 baking dish. Pour over the white sauce, then add the tuna, sweetcorn, petit pots (peas) and all but 1 Tbs of parsley. Mix together, then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until the cheese is golden brown. Top with the reserved parsley before serving.
Want Another Casserole Dish Recipe, But With Chicken? Now Watch How To Make Fajita Chicken Casserole!
Inspired by Kitchen Sanctuary