This delicious, savory and ultra-creamy Shrimp Scampi Dip has all the flavors of the classic, creamy pasta dish! If you love the pasta dish, then you will DEFINITELY love this delicious seafood dip that takes everything up to a whole new level. It’s the perfect addition to your meal, and it’s SO good!
Only 5 minutes to prepare this easy recipe that’s loaded with an Italian cheese blend, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, and shrimp. Some lemon juice and chopped marinated artichokes are also added to the mix for balanced flavor and texture. Delicious!
Don’t underestimate this dip. It’s the perfect appetizer that will be a guaranteed hit at any gathering, and that special meal with your loved one with the perfect rib eye steak and a superior chocolate cake recipe for dessert. Bon Appétit!
All the flavors of the classic, creamy, pasta dish in this hot, delicious dip!
Delicious, ultra-creamy and savory shrimp scampi dip.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SHRIMP SCAMPI DIP
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tbs butter
- 8 oz raw shrimp, peeled & deveined (I used 31-50 count)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ Tsp kosher salt
- ¼ Tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ Cups shredded Italian cheese blend (I used a Parmesan, mozzarella, asiago blend)
- ¼ Cup marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (I used nonstick cooking spray) two 3 ounce or one 6 ounce ramekin or oven safe baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper (you can cut the shrimp into smaller pieces before or after cooking; I lifted my cooked shrimp from the butter with a slotted spoon, coarsely chopped into ¼” to ½” pieces and then added them back in). Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is pink and the garlic is fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl stir together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and Greek yogurt. Add the shrimp, garlic, butter mixture, scraping the pan to get all the buttery garlic bits.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice. add the artichokes, and give everything a good stir. Spoon into the prepared baking dish and then cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place the baking dish(es) on a baking sheet (to prevent the cheese from bubbling over in the oven) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven to Low Broil and then broil for 3 minutes to melt and slightly brown the cheese on top.
- Serve hot with sliced baguette, crackers, or tortilla chips.
- Full fat, regular cream cheese is recommended for this recipe. Low fat cream cheese can sometimes add more liquid to a recipe and will make it a thinner consistency.
Want Another Great Dip Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Corn Dip!
Inspired by Sugar Dish Me