Looking for a delicious, decadent dessert that’s full of pineapple flavor? Here’s one magnificent treat that will make your mouth water and give every tastebud the experience of a lifetime! This Pineapple Pie recipe by Tasty Kitchen is the PERFECT way to satisfy a sweet tooth with a swirly sweet topping, and a creamy luscious pineapple filling.
It’s incredibly easy to make. The ingredients are simple and the technique is fuss-free. If you’re feeling extra ambitious you can make a pie crust from scratch, but a store-bought one will work just fine!
It’s a timeless dessert recipe passed down from the writer’s grandma. The pineapple filling is so delicious you’ll want to eat it out of the bowl. It’s essentially a pineapple version of lemon meringue — but so much better! The end result is a stunning dessert that tastes even better than it looks.
“It’s delicious when it’s still a bit warm from the oven. Or when it’s ice cold. Or when it’s 4 AM. The recipe easily doubles, and making more than one is definitely a good idea. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!” – Natalie, Tasty Kitchen
Here’s how to make Pineapple Pie:
Ingredients for the pie:
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 whole Eggs, Separated
- ⅓ cups Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Of Water
- 8 ounces, weight Canned Crushed Pineapple
- 1 whole 9-inch Pre-baked Pie Crust
Ingredients for the meringue:
- 2 whole Egg Whites (From Separated Eggs Above)
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Cream Of Tartar
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- For the pie, cream sugar, butter, and egg yolks in a saucepan. Add cornstarch and vanilla. Add water and crushed pineapple. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick. Pour into a 9″ baked pastry.
- For the meringue, whip egg whites until they begin to get foamy. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to whip until the meringue has reached soft peak stage and is smooth and glossy. Place the meringue over the cooled pie. Brown at 400ºF for just a few minutes. Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Tastes great warm or cold.
Recipe by Tasty Kitchen.
Looking for another easy and delicious dessert? Try our Island Pecan Pie:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!