Have you been looking for a mouthwatering mac and cheese recipe to steal the spotlight? Search no more, because we found the BEST macaroni and cheese — and its secret ingredient is a total game-changer.
When I made this Creamy Dreamy Mac and Cheese for the first time ever, it was gone within minutes. Everyone couldn’t stop praising it, and they loved it so much they requested a pan of their own for future family gatherings!
Macaroni and cheese is a timeless classic, so accepting the challenge of preparing it for special occasions is especially daunting. Trust me — you don’t want to be the one who messed up everyone’s favorite comfort food!
After years of searching for the BEST macaroni and cheese, I’ve finally found the winner. Nothing compares to this flavor-packed macaroni and cheese recipe! I love this recipe not only because it’s delicious, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make too.
So what’s the secret to Creamy Dreamy Mac and Cheese? Using REAL cheese for a supremely smooth texture — AND adding a tiny bit of jalapeño juice! I promise it’s not spicy, and the complex flavors in this recipe will satisfy everyone’s tastebuds in a way they’ve never experienced before.
Here’s how to make Creamy Dreamy Mac and Cheese:
- 1 lb macaroni noodles (cooked in advance)
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, melted
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- In a saucepan melt butter, then add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and whisk, then add jalapeño juice and whisk more.
- Mix in Cheese, stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Mix in Salt, Cajun Seasoning, and Flour.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Grease a casserole dish and layer bottom of pan with half of the cooked macaroni.
- Gently pour half the mixture over noodles.
- Add another layer of noodles and cheese mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Now watch how to make Southern Baked Mac and Cheese:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!