When you try this recipe for The BEST Chocolate Toffee, your stress from Christmas shopping will be instantly relieved. This is seriously the best gift idea ever!
If you’re in need of a gift for friends, coworkers, the babysitter, etc. — this Chocolate Toffee recipe will save the day. You can fill a festive bag with some of the broken pieces, then deliver it to everyone on your Christmas list.
Chocolate toffee is an affordable, convenient — yet meaningful way to show those on your Christmas list how much they mean to you! Each satisfying bite they take is a priceless reminder of how much you care.
Here’s how to make The BEST Chocolate Toffee:
- 1 1/2 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. Toasted chopped almonds
- 1/2 c. toasted chopped pecans
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Let butter melt and then cook, stirring constantly with a spatula (so the butter and sugar don’t separate!), until mixture turns a dark amber, 12 to 15 minutes. (This can take closer to 20 minutes if you’re heat is not high enough. Increase the heat and keep stirring until the color turns. Don’t give up! If you’d like to use a candy thermometer for this step, attach it to the saucepan and cook until the temperature reaches 285º, or hard crack stage.) Toffee mixture should be dark in color and very thick.
- Pour toffee mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and immediately top all over with chocolate chips. Let sit 2 minutes so chocolate begins to melt, then spread chocolate all over with a spatula to create a layer on top of toffee.
- Sprinkle all over with almonds and pecans (use chopped crumbs too for nice texture!) and flaky sea salt.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour, then cut or break into pieces and serve.
Recipe by Delish.
Looking for another recipe to make for those on your Christmas list? Try our Oreo Bark!
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!