Here we have our four absolute favorite chicken recipes: Sweet and Spicy Chicken, Jalapeño Cheddar Chicken, Baked Pesto Chicken, and Chicken Alfredo Shells!
Any of these great dinners are perfect to add to your weekly rotation. If you’re looking to shake things up a bit, look no further!
The best part is, all of these amazing dishes are relatively easy and can be done on the cheap!
#1: Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 CUP Nature Nate’s honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Line a baking sheet with foil (not parchment paper) and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Chicken Rub Ingredients and evenly rub all over chicken. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Move oven rack to top position and broil chicken for 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes total).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the Honey Dijon Sauce ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush top side with Honey Dijon Sauce; broil 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush individual servings with remaining Honey Dijon Sauce as desired.
#2: Jalapeño Cheddar Chicken
- 4 tsp Olive oil, divided
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 CUP Onion, finely diced
- 3 medium Jalapeños, seeds and membranes removed, finely diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 CUP Chicken broth
- 4oz. Cream cheese
- 1 1/2 CUP Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Add to pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. (They will finish cooking later.)
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining two teaspoons olive oil to pan.
- Add diced onion and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Add chicken broth and cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted and mixture is simmering.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, along with any accumulated juices, and turn to coat in the cheese sauce.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. (It will depend on how thick your chicken breasts are.)
- Serve chicken breasts with extra sauce spooned over the top.
#3: Baked Pesto Chicken
- 1 LB Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Tenders
- 3.5 OZ Basil Pesto
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 OZ Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Black pepper
- Dash of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Dash of Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with pam.
- Place chicken tenders in dish.
- Spoon basil pesto on each chicken tender.
- Spread to coat top of tenders.
- Place tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
#4: Chicken Alfredo Shells
- Large Pasta Shells
- 1lb Cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 CUP Cottage cheese
- 1 CUP Freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 CUP Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 CUP Shredded Romano Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 15oz Jar garlic Alfredo sauce
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare shells according to package directions.
- Drain water from shells, pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl combine Mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- Remove 1/2 cup for topping.
- Add cottage cheese, egg, pepper and salt. Stir until well combined. Add chicken and stir until completely combined.
- Spoon 1 cup Alfredo sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Stuff shells with chicken mixture either using a spoon or a small scoop.
- Arrange in prepared pan in single layer. Spoon remaining Alfredo sauce over shells. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley.