CHERRY. COKE. POPSICLES. I really don’t feel like I need to say any more than that but let me just tell you how amazing these were.
You know 7/11 and the coke slushes you ALWAYS put a splash of cherry in?! Well these tasty treats are that in a nutshell but even better!
The fact that they are so simple is so worth it! Have everyone go crazy with these at ANY function. You will be loved forever.
- 16-20 oz Cola
- 1 Jar maraschino cherries – will need 12-24 cherries
- Separate maraschino cherries from the maraschino cherry juice. Keep the juice and cherries.
- Cut 18-24 cherries in-half then place 3-6 cherry halves in the Popsicle freezer molds.
- Pour maraschino cherry juice over the cherries in each mold to fill ⅓ up each mold.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When the cherry juice is frozen, move on to the next step.
- Pour cola over the cherries and juice in each mold – leaving ¼” head-space in each mold.
- Cover and place Popsicle sticks down into each Popsicle – push firmly and into the frozen cherry portion.
- Freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, gently remove the Popsicles. If needed, dip the molds (do not immerse) in lukewarm water but just for a few seconds and only long enough to loosen the Popsicles.
Inspired by: Simply Sated