Imagine the taste of creamy cherry cheesecake wrapped inside a warm cinnamon burrito that’s tastes more like a churro, and you’ll no doubt feel like you’re in heaven. What better way to get everyone around the table or come to your house by making these, because they will absolutely love them.
It’s also a very quick recipe that’s easy to put together for crispy, deep-fried chimichanga burritos with a cherry cheesecake filling and rolled in cinnamon sugar. No one can resist this scrumptious dessert.
If you prefer another filling, you can also use blueberries, strawberries or cinnamon apples – or have a delightful stack of your favorite flavors! Enjoy these with those you love to kickstart a great New Year!
They’re so irresistible and scrumptious!
Delicious cherry cheesecake filling..
Wrapped in a crispy, deep-fried cinnamon burrito..
Try these.. You’ll be so glad that you did.
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGAS
Cook time: 3-4 minutes
- 6 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cherries from cherry pie filling
- vegetable oil-for frying
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix together cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas and slather in the lower third of each tortilla.
- Add ¼ cup cherries onto each tortilla in the center of cream cheese.
- Fold sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll up the tortilla tight like a burrito (secure it with a toothpick!).
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Line a large plate with paper towels, set aside.
- In 5 inch deep saucepan place about 2 -2 1/2 inch vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat
- Working in batches fry the chimichangas until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes and flip them as needed.
- Transfer fried chimichangas onto paper towel lined plate to drain for a minute, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Remove toothpicks from the chimichangas before serving!
Inspired by OMG Chocolate Desserts