When it comes to nostalgic foods, potato pancakes are in a league of their own.
Just one bite of a potato pancake takes fans back in time, and tasting the nostalgia is pure bliss.
After years of searching for the BEST potato pancake recipe, I finally found a winner. With a crispy outside and a creamy inside, these potato pancakes are flavor-packed and smothered in comfort.
I love potato pancakes so much that I intentionally make extra mashed potatoes and when people want seconds, I slightly cringe because it cuts into my potato pancake plans! This recipe is not only an excellent way to put leftover mashed potatoes to good use, but it’s also incredibly easy to follow.
Hundreds of thousands of Facebook users around the world have shared this Potato Pancakes recipe — and they can’t stop praising it. After taking your first bite, you’ll see why home cooks make this recipe more than once a week.
This Potato Pancakes recipe is simple, convenient, and absolutely addictive. Devout fans suggest topping your serving off with sour cream, cheese, syrup — or even applesauce!
Here’s how to make Potato Pancakes:
- 4 cups cold mash potatoes
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bacon slices, crumble set aside.Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Mix mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl;
stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
Looking for more delicious and easy potato recipes? Try our Parmesan Garlic Potatoes:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!