Want a seriously decadent carrot cake recipe that you nor anyone else will ever forget? If you love carrot cake, then the Carrot Poke Cake is the best you’ll ever have. Oh, yes! Carrot cake infused with a sweet creamy filling and topped with an unbelievable whipped cream mixture will get you saying, “Mm-mm Good!!”
It’s one of the easiest recipes you can make. Holes are poked in your favorite carrot cake and filled with sweetened condensed milk and layered with a whipped mixture of Cool Whip, Cool Whip frosting, and cream cheese, then topped caramel sauce and pecans. My mouth is watering!
It’s best when refrigerated overnight. And many kudos to Ashton at Something Swanky who assures it’s the BEST carrot cake you’ll ever taste! They’ll go real fast with a crowd, or when you’re home ALL ALONE!
Carrot cake infused with a sweet creamy filling and topped with an unbelievable whipped cream mixture. “Mm-mm Good!!”
Try it! You’ll be so glad that you did!
HOW TO MAKE EASY CARROT POKE CAKE
Cook time: 23-28 minutes, boxed cake recipe
Refrigerate: 4 hours – overnight
Servings: 12, large portions
- 9×13 Carrot Cake recipe of your choice, (boxed or homemade, baked and cooled)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 10.6 oz Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting, (Cream Cheese flavor if your store carries it)
- 6 oz (half a tub) of whipped cream cheese, (must be whipped)
- 1/2 Cup caramel sundae sauce, less or more depending on preference
- 1 Cup chopped pecans, less or more depending on preference
- Bake your favorite carrot cake recipe according to instructions (boxed or homemade).
- Leave the cake in the dish it was baked in — this is not a free standing cake.
- Poke approximately 20-25 holes, spread evenly, over the top of the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill the holes as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cool whip, the cool whip frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth. Spread over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce over top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- Cut into 12 squares (large portions) to serve
- Cool Whip Frosting is not the same as Cool Whip. It can be found beside the Cool Whip in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Want Another Deliciously Decadent Recipe? Now Watch How To Make The ‘Do Nothing’ Cake!
Inspired by somethingswanky.com