Craving pizza?! Try these delicious dinner ideas before rushing to the nearest Domino’s! We have some of our best pizza inspired dishes: Pepperoni Pizza Pockets, Pizza Baked Chicken, Pizza Stuffed Waffles, and Pizza Cheese Football!
These meals can be made on the CHEAP! And they couldn’t be easier!
My personal favorite is #2, Pizza Baked Chicken! See if any of them make your weekly dinner rotation!
#1: Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- 4 Flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 1 CUP Pizza sauce
- 3/4 CUP Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mini pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Working one at a time, lay tortilla on a flat surface. Using an empty can, cut 3-4 medium circles, pressing firmly enough in a rocking motion to cut through the tortilla.
- Fit a tortilla circle into each of 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Scoop 1 tablespoon pizza sauce into each muffin tin. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, topping with 3 mini pepperonis each.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
#2: Pizza Baked Chicken
- 1 Jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 4 Large boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 6oz. Piece of part-skim Mozzarella, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2oz. Sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, just long enough to brown the chicken but not long enough to cook it through.
- Choose the smallest glass casserole dish you have that will fit all the browned chicken pieces, and lay the chicken in the dish in a single layer.
- Cut the Mozzarella into slices and cut the slices as needed to make enough pieces to mostly cover the top of each piece of chicken.
- Top each chicken with a spoonful of the sauce.
- Top each piece with sliced Mozzarella and pepperoni slices, covering the top of each piece of chicken as much as you can.
- Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the pepperoni is slightly crisped.
#3: Pizza Stuffed Waffles
- Canned Biscuits
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Mini Pepperonis
- Mild Italian Ground Sausage
- Cook bacon and Italian sausage according to package directions.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Set up waffle iron but do not turn on until all ingredients are on waffle maker.
- Pop biscuit can and stretch out each biscuit but do not tear.
- Place a biscuit on waffle iron and top with pizza sauce.
- Layer mini pepperonis, cheese, Italian sausage, bacon and mozzarella.
- Top with biscuit and seal edges.
- Close the top on your waffle iron, flip and turn on.
- Cook 4 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from your waffle iron and serve hot.
#4: Pizza Cheese Football
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 5 oz Mini Pepperoni Slices
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bacon
- Half Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with mixer.
- Mix in the Italian seasoning, mozzarella, parmesan, bacon and bell pepper.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap.
- Spoon cheese mixture into bowl.
- Press mixture into bowl so that it takes on the shape of the bowl.
- Use ends of the plastic wrap to wrap up the cheeseball firmly.
- Transfer cheese to flat surface and use your hands to shape into a football.
- Refrigerate 2 to 48 hours.
- Remove cheese ball from the fridge and unwrap from plastic.
- Use icing spatula to smooth cheeseball.
- Cover cheeseball with mini pepperoni slices, pressing gently to stick.
- Draw football lines on top with sour cream.
- Serve with pretzels and crackers.