This Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese was absolutely to die for! The combination of every single ingredient in this recipe is just flawless.
It’s so rich with just the right amount of spice…it will have everyone coming back for seconds!
This dish is great to make for a weeknight dinner, or even for a holiday party! It’s SO good!
- 7 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 lb (16 oz) Elbow macaroni
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 CUP Cooked chopped bacon
- 3 CUPS Shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 CUP Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 tsp Dry mustard
- 2 1/2 CUPS half-and-half
- 1 lb Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 CUPS Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2/3 CUP Sour cream
- 1 CUP Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, bacon and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a separate saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half and add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
- Combine the chicken mixture, cooked pasta, and cheese sauce and toss to combine.
- Top with bread crumbs, then bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Inspired by: The Girl Who Ate Everything