Nothing soothes the soul quite like a warm, creamy, flavorful bowl of broccoli cheese soup. So when I found this super easy Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, my mouth instantly began to water!
Buying broccoli cheese soup from your favorite restaurant or market can be pretty pricy, but thankfully this is an affordable way to satisfy your cravings for the legendary soup.
There’s just something irresistible about the thick and creamy consistency of this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup. It brings the meaning of “comfort food” to life — did I mention it only takes five minutes to prep too?
After years of searching for the BEST broccoli cheese soup recipe, this one finally sealed the deal. It’s a lip-smacking, scrumptious soup that will give your tastebuds an experience they TRULY deserve. The texture is PERFECT, and the slow cooker allows flavors to develop on an entirely different level.
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- 1 pound Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 whole Carrots, Finely Diced
- 5 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cans Cream Of Celery Soup
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1-1/2 pound Velveeta
- 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Add the broccoli, onion, carrots, chicken broth, cream of celery soup, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Stir, place on the lids, and set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours use an immersion blender or masher to puree 3/4 of the soup. (If you use a regular blender, blend only 1 cup at a time and use extreme caution.) Add the cheese, turn the slow cooker to low, and place on the lid for 15 minutes.
- Stir to melt the cheese and mix it in. Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm! Soup keeps great in the fridge for a couple of days.
Recipe by The Pioneer Woman.
Now watch how to make Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Shells:
Is your mouth officially watering now? SHARE this article to show your fellow home cooks — they’ll owe you forever!