First of all, this IS the best sauce I have ever had. After I saw how Howard get’s down on this sauce in 10 Cloverfield Lane, I knew I had to find the perfect recipe.
Trying to relate to the character as much as possible, this sauce is simple enough to probably already have these ingredients in your pantry already.
It’s so delicious, you will want to stock up your very own bunker for back up!
- 1 lb. 80/20 ground beef OR 90/10 ground beef
- 1 6oz. Can tomato paste
- 6oz. Water
- 1 24oz. Jar tomato puree
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of onion powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large stockpot, saute garlic until soft and fragrant in 2 tbsp. of olive oil, about 2 minutes.
2. Throw your meat in with the garlic and brown until meat has been thoroughly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour in the tomato paste, tomato puree, and seasoning.
5. Stir to mix well. With the 6 oz. can from the tomato paste, fill that with water and pour it in the stockpot as well.
6. Let mixture simmer, uncovered, for 2 or more hours (the longer the better, but minimum 2 hours), stirring occasionally.
7. Serve hot over fresh pasta.
Sponsored by: 10 Cloverfield Lane
Inspired by: Table for Two