Banana Caramel Cake. The gooeyness of this cake alone is to die for!
It’s so so simple and turns out BEAUTIFUL! The thick, flavorful cake is good enough alone but all in one package- it’s simply delightful!
This is a great recipe to bring to brunch, or any function at that! I brought it to a family event and my Grandmother was a very proud grandma 🙂
- 1/2 CUP Caramel
- 2 Bananas, sliced into 1/4 inch discs
- 1 CUP All purpose flour
- 1/2 CUP Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 CUP Buttermilk
- 1/4 CUP Sour cream
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan. You can also use a springform pan.
- Spread caramel on the bottom of cake pan. Arrange the banana slices on top in a circular pattern.
- Make the cake. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the buttermilk, sour cream, mashed banana, egg, and vanilla, blending just until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly over the top and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a platter and serve warm.
Inspired by: CONFESSIONS of a CHOCOHOLIC