Crispy bacon that meets tender, melt-in-your-mouth scallops, topped with the most delicious garlic butter sauce. So delicious.
This fancy little dinner is not difficult to pull together either! In fact, it is extremely easy and it takes less than 30 minutes!
Trying serving over angel hair pasta! Or keep it a little healthier and pair it with sautéed zucchini. Personally I love a creamy mushroom risotto with scallops!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook about 6-8 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain excess fat, but reserve 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center–about 5 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add in garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and scallops.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.