So we can all agree that a bomb baked bean side dish makes all the difference in the world. Especially when you are eating BBQ!
Forget the other sides when it comes to bbq, if there is a solid side of baked beans ready, that’s all I’m trying to eat.
These especially. They are full of flavor, have all the meat goods, and will absolutely blow your mind!
- Bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 (16-ounces) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 CUP Ketchup
- 1/3 CUP Packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 CUP Molasses
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and smoked sausage and cook until sausage is browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer. Place Dutch oven, uncovered, in oven and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, until thick.