Homemade pizza ready in under 2 minutes is a serious game-changer! Thanks to professional chef and food blogger Gemma Stafford, she’s created the ultimate way for people to enjoy the Italian favorite that’s so easy, quick and really delicious. I’m ready to dig in!
The pizza in a mug recipe went viral earlier this year when people discovered the brilliant food hack. And Miss Gemma, who used to work in Michelin Star restaurants, decided to pursue her lifelong passion of teaching people her culinary secrets like this one – and we are SO glad!
This mouthwatering recipe is unbelievably easy with all the ingredients prepared in your microwaveable mug. You could also improvise your recipe to make it more healthier for lower calories. If you have little time but want something VERY TASTY, and love Pizza? This is it.
And the flavor?
“It tastes just like pizza – it’s soft, it’s gooey, it’s insane. You have to try this.”
Earlier this year Miss Gemma was a guest on the TV show The Doctors with Dr. Travis Stork to show him how it’s done. After tasting the pizza in a mug, he shouts:
“I love you! It changed my life!”
“Microwave pizza that you can make on your own that’s healthy? This is AWE-SOME!”
Are you ready to dig in?
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA IN A MUG
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute and 10-20 seconds (1200W microwave)
Servings: 1 serving
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- ⅛ Tsp baking powder
- 1/16 Tsp baking soda
- ⅛ Tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 generous Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 mini pepperoni (or more!)
- ½ Tsp dried Italian herbs (basil or oregano will work)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwaveable mug.
- Add in the milk and oil and whisk together. There may be some lumps, but that’s okay.
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni and dried herbs.
- Microwave for 1 minute 10-20 seconds, or until it rises up and the topping are bubbling (timing is based on 1200W microwave so your timing might vary).
- Enjoy straight away!
- Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug. The mugs used are small, about 6oz (¾ /1 cup).
- Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t overflow or overcook.
- ⅛ teaspoon is ½ of a ¼ teaspoon.
- 1/16 teaspoon is ¼ of a ¼ teaspoon.
Now Watch As Miss Gemma Joins The Doctors On How To Make Pizza In A Mug