You can never go wrong with pasta. In most cases, any pasta dish gets hit for seconds, and thirds, Just because…Pasta.
The sun-dried tomatoes are ALWAYS a good choice in any dish, but mixed with the creamy sauce, fresh spinach, well seasoned chicken…man oh man. This dish is so thick and creamy, you will never forget how to make it. Definitely a family favorite in my books.
Stock up on noodles for any season! Asiago Chicken Pasta is about to OWN IT on dinner time!
- 1/3 CUP Sun-dried tomatoes with oil (2 tablespoons)
- 1 lb Chicken breast, sliced in half, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 CUP Half and half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 CUP Asiago cheese, grated
- 8 oz Penne pasta
- 2 CUPS Fresh spinach
1. Add 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato oil.
2. Add in minced garlic.
3. Then add in sun-dried tomatoes once the garlic has a nice simmer to it.
4. Add chopped chicken breast to the sun-dried tomatoes and oil and garlic.
5. Generously season the chicken in the skillet with salt and paprika.
6. Cook chicken until it’s cooked through completely.
7. Once the chicken looks cooked through, add 1 cup of half and half and 1/4 teaspoon salt – bring to boil.
8. Add grated Asiago cheese and stir for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Reduce the heat from boil to simmer and continue stirring to make sure all cheese melts.
9. Add in 2 cups spinach to the skillet once you feel the cheese is ready.
10. After spinach has wilted, stir everything together to combine, taste and add more salt, if needed
11. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse.
12. Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce.
13. Mix everything.
Inspired by: Julia’s Album